Exploring the scenic beauty of Mahabaleshwar: A guide to the best viewpoint
Mahabaleshwar is a picturesque hill station located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra, India. It is known for its beautiful landscapes, scenic viewpoints, and delicious strawberries. If you’re planning a visit to Mahabaleshwar, here’s a guide to the best viewpoint:
- Wilson Point: Known as the “Sunrise Point,” Wilson Point offers a panoramic view of the surrounding valleys and mountains. It is the highest point in Mahabaleshwar and is a must-see for any visitor.
- Arthur’s Seat: This viewpoint offers a spectacular view of the Savitri River and the surrounding landscape. It is a popular spot for trekkers and nature enthusiasts.
- Elephant’s Head Point: As the name suggests, the viewpoint is shaped like an elephant’s head and offers a breathtaking view of the Konkan region. It is a popular spot for photography and picnics.
- Helen’s Point: This viewpoint offers a beautiful view of the Krishna Valley and is named after the famous British-born Indian actress Helen. It is a popular spot for bird watching and is known for its beautiful sunsets.
- Venna Lake: This man-made lake is located in the heart of Mahabaleshwar and offers a peaceful and serene environment. Visitors can take a boat ride on the lake or just enjoy the view from the promenade.
- Mapro Garden: This is a popular spot for visitors looking to sample some of the delicious strawberries grown in the area. The garden also has a restaurant and a factory where you can see how the strawberries are processed.
- Pratapgad Fort: This historic fort is located just outside of Mahabaleshwar and offers beautiful views of the surrounding valley. It is also an important historical site, as it was the site of a famous battle between the Maratha leader Shivaji and Afzal Khan in 1659.
- Lingmala Waterfall: This waterfall is located in the dense forests of Mahabaleshwar and is a great spot for a refreshing dip in the cool water.
- Panchaganga Temple: This ancient temple is located on the banks of five rivers and is considered to be one of the most sacred places in the area.
- Mahabaleshwar Temple: This ancient temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the oldest temples in the area.
When planning your visit to Mahabaleshwar, it’s best to plan your itinerary in such a way that you can visit all these viewpoints in one day. Also, it’s best to avoid visiting during the monsoon season as the viewpoints may be closed due to heavy rainfall. Keep in mind that the best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is during the winter months when the weather is pleasant and the views are at their best.
In conclusion, Mahabaleshwar is a beautiful hill station with a wealth of scenic beauty to explore. The viewpoints mentioned above are must-see attractions and offer breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Plan your visit well and make sure to include these viewpoints in your itinerary for a truly memorable experience.
Planning to head out?
Here’s why Treebo should be your first choice
We have everything it takes to make a stay splendid!
- Experience our great hospitality in 100+ cities & at 1000+ locations in India.
- Complimentary breakfast & WiFi
- Safe, sanitized, and comfortable rooms
- Early check-in available
PS: We’re looking forward to hosting you!
Whenever you travel to Mahabaleshwar, Treebo should be your first pick, ‘coz of the aforementioned points. All you need to do is head to Treebo’s App/Website and search for the best hotels in Mahabaleshwar, and you’re sorted!
We’re super excited to host you!